What to look for in a home security camera in St. Petersburg
Getting caught by surveillance is the last thing an invader wants This is a principal reason why security cameras are one of the smartest tools to consider as you design your home security system. Although independent cameras are beneficial when configured correctly, they’re even more useful when incorporated into your residence’s smart home system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in St. Petersburg? You’ll be happy to know these vital elements come with more conveniences than ever before. You can see live feeds from inside cameras or catch the attention of those lurking about with incorporated deterrent mechanisms from outside cameras. Just use your mobile security app or touchscreen control panel and you can control all your cameras.
Dynamic features add value to home security cameras in St. Petersburg
Multifaceted and simple-to-use security cameras will elevate your home’s protection to a different level. These essential elements of your alarm system may come equipped with a diverse lineup of features including bi-directional talk, video storage, and mobile access. Take a look at the available options here.
- Forceful deterrents: You can use a surveillance camera that will react instantly. If odd movement is detected by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear ring of red light will emerge on the outside of the camera lens and a powerful alarm will sound.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision functionality provides clear images of your surroundings no matter the time of day. Your cameras will even keep their clarity when closing in on particular areas.
- Convenient storage: Check for devices with video storage functionality and the capacity to review video straight from your mobile device app.
- Security app: Today’s home security cameras in St. Petersburg are often paired to a convenient smartphone app. You can review real-time footage or recorded segments and even activate or disengage your system. The Vivint App will send an update to your phone if the cameras are triggered.
- Motion detection: Incorporated motion detection allows cameras to activate when odd action is detected. You’ll even receive a message on your phone.
- Speak to delivery people or loved ones: Would you welcome the chance to check in with your kids when they return from school? Is there a visitor at your main entry? Today’s home security cameras, including the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, provide convenient 2-way talk so you can chat with any person detected by your camera.
- Field of vision: As a general rule, your outdoor video cameras should provide an angle of 120° or higher. For example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro gives you 140° angle viewing.
- Configurable zones: This benefit provides the opportunity to set the specific part of your property you wish your camera to cover. This will be important to better define the movement you surveil as you aren’t going to need updates whenever an automobile goes by on the street.
Customize your own home security system
You now know what to look for in a home security camera in St. Petersburg. The only thing left to do is to get started on your custom Vivint smart home. Phone (727) 353-8318 to get started or fill out the following form to reach out to our home protection and automation specialists.