How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your St. Petersburg smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total control of your St. Petersburg home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and check out tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in St. Petersburg help you?
Wirelessly connecting to sensors and other implements through radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also provides total remote operability via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can carry out:
- Check live or recorded footage from your connected cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in St. Petersburg by setting schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your front door unlock when the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just adhere to these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present inside your home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be away, and all sensors in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll observe a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will prompt you to act. Note that you may still arm the system by adhering to the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to ignore the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in St. Petersburg
Despite the fact that various users can be set up during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote functionality, tap email or phone and submit the details to send an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, tap users, pick the user you would like to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new St. Petersburg security system. Contact (727) 353-8318 to learn more.